Dimensions is a biennial touring exhibition of 35 contemporary craft works in a wide variety of media organized by the Saskatchewan Craft Council. These juror-selected works are considered the best examples of contemporary craft in Saskatchewan.
Every two years a new Dimensions exhibition is selected by two experienced jurors. Past jurors have included Dr. Sandra Alfoldy, professor of Craft History at NSCAD; Jenna Stanton, past curator of collections and exhibitions at Medalta and current Executive Director of the Alberta Craft Council; Michael Hosaluk, winner of the Robert Jekyll Award for Leadership in Craft; and many more distinguished names.
Entry to this touring exhibition is open to all Saskatchewan craftspeople. Both emerging and experienced artists submit work to our blind jurying process. Up to thirteen awards may be given to selected works, recognizing exceptional skill in the artists’ respective media and for works of innovation in craft. This makes Dimensions a unique representation of Saskatchewan contemporary craft.
This spring 2019, a new Dimensions exhibition will be selected by two exceptional jurors, and will be available for scheduling in a national tour from August 2019 to January 2021.
- Dimensions best suits an exhibition space of 800 – 1200 square feet and will contain wall, floor, and pedestal pieces.
- Dimensions is accompanied by a full-colour catalogue. Catalogues are available at no additional cost for either host galleries or for gallery visitors.
- Shipping – to be determined.
- Exhibition Fee – to be determined.
- Documentation – all works are professionally photographed. Promotional material including logos and digital photographs is supplied to each host gallery.
- Availability – August 2019 to January 2021.
Visit the link below for images and information about the past Dimensions exhibitions.
Exhibition bookings can be made by contacting:
Stephanie Canning / Maia Stark
Exhibitions & Education Coordinators
Saskatchewan Craft Council
(306) 653-3616 ext. 2