Written by: Sydney Luther, Communications Assistant
Deadline: November 16, 2018
The federal government is initiating a conversation with business, industry, academia, Indigenous Peoples, and different levels of government, to help develop a truly “Made in Western Canada” growth strategy. This strategy not only reflects the unique regional advantages of each province, but also helps to stimulate economic growth. This is an opportunity for the creative industries in the province to have a voice at the federal level by providing input on the creative economy, its value and importance, and how the federal government can leverage the talent and resources in this province to diversify and grow the economy in western Canada. Creative Saskatchewan has encouraged us to distribute this information.
Your input will help shape the Western Canada Growth Strategy, a roadmap to build an innovative and inclusive Western Canada — one that stimulates the economy, strengthens the middle class and increases job opportunities for all Canadians, including Indigenous Peoples, women, youth, and new immigrants.
How to participate:
- Share your ideas by visiting the Western Canada Growth Strategy website
- Here you will find information about the regional landscape of Western Canada in the Western Canada Growth Strategy Engagement Paper
- You can share your ideas through:
- Online discussion forum — Share your thoughts on five key discussion questions.
- Group discussion — Organize your own group discussion by checking out this toolkit for tips on how to plan a session, shape your conversation, and report back.
- Email — Send an email to email@example.com with your ideas or suggestions.
- Letter — Send a letter to Western Economic Diversification Canada before November 9, 2018.
- Western Economic Diversification Canada
- C/O: Western Canada Growth Strategy Engagement
- Suite 1500 – 9700 Jasper Avenue
- Edmonton, AB T5J 4H7
If First Nations, Métis and Inuit organizations require additional information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and officials from Western Canada Economic Diversification Canada will follow-up with you directly.
The engagement period will close on November 16, 2018.