Now in its third year, SCC’s Professional Practices provides individualized support with a focus on helping SCC members grow their craft businesses. This support includes a four-month training program and individual consultations, both offered free of charge to SCC members.
TACKLING THE TOUGH QUESTIONS
FOUR MONTH BUSINESS TRAINING
We are currently running a four month training program, during which over 20 SCC artists are receiving business training specific to their needs. The program runs late January to late May 2019. It’s a mixture of group discussions, one-on-one meetings, and course work focusing on business development for a professional craftsperson. Tackling the Tough Questions is closed to new entrants at this time.
One-hour meetings are available to provide individualized support to help grow artists’ craft businesses. This is an ongoing opportunity for all SCC members.
- Send an email to Michael Peterson at firstname.lastname@example.org describing the challenges you would like to discuss and we will pair you with one of our staff members or another professional to assist you.
- This pilot program is available at no cost until May 2019.
- Fees may apply if we connect you to outside professionals.
- Craft or visual artists who are members of the Saskatchewan Craft Council may apply for a one-on-one consultation.
- Successful applicants will hold one of the following types of SCC memberships:
- Professional Craftsperson
- Affiliated Marketer (visual artists only)
- Applicants must be Saskatchewan residents.
For more information, please contact:
Professional Practices Coordinator