DEADLINE: July 8
The Saskatchewan Craft Council is partnering with SaskGalleries to present the first annual Saskatchewan Fine Art & Craft Fair (SaskArtFair), September 15 to 18 at Prairieland Park in Saskatoon. We will be showcasing and selling artists’ works through booths run by many of Saskatchewan’s premier commercial galleries and the SCC. The event will introduce a wide range of artists to the Saskatoon market, and will allow collectors to purchase pieces on-site. SaskArtFair will be the largest exposition of Saskatchewan art ever mounted, and the first time that most SaskGalleries members, the SCC and the Remai Modern have come together for an event of this scope and calibre.
The SCC is now accepting submissions of artwork by juried SCC members to be showcased and sold through the SCC booth. Sales will be managed by the SCC, and commissionable at 40%. We will work with our partners to ensure that a wide range of Saskatchewan craft artists are represented through our booth or those of the commercial galleries.
Submission Guidelines & Process for Selection
- SCC juried members in good standing at the time of submission and at the time of the Art Fair are welcomed to submit up to six pieces for selection.
- Pieces may already exist or be made for the Art Fair.
- Submit images of existing work on a CD or via email (72 dpi, JPEG) and a completed list of artworks detailing the title, year completed, medium and price.
- If you’re creating new work, submit a description and/or drawings, including approximate size, medium and price of work to be created.
- Submissions will be accepted to July 8; send to Ferron Olynyk,firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Selections will be determined by a jury.
- We encourage you to include never-before-exhibited work.
- Multiple pieces may be selected from each artist.
- Artists will be notified by July 31.
This is a great opportunity for SCC artists. We look forward to showcasing and selling your work.