Rita St. Amant
Rita St. Amant was born and raised in southern Saskatchewan. The arts have always played a large role in her life. At an early age, she was heavily influenced by her mother who was an exceptional seamstress and craftsperson. Those concepts carried on throughout Rita’s life into adulthood and are reflected in her work today.
Basically a self-taught artist, Rita presently works from her home studio. Rita draws inspiration from the prairie skies and landscapes. From the shield to the badlands, nature brings a strong sense of awe with its ever changing interplay of color and textures.
Rita has taken numerous classes and retreats in visual art, and art history. For the past 15 years, this play on color has directed her towards fiber and textile. Having previous experience with different media, her pieces today explode with color. This bold style creates art from a totally different avenue, forcing her to think out of the box. She is always growing and learning, not being afraid to take chances.
- Rita has sold internationally and across Canada and the United States;
- Rita also sells through different craft markets such as SCC’s Waterfront Fine Craft Festival, Wintergreen Fine Craft Festival, and Sundog Arts & Entertainment Faire;
- Rita has a home gallery (by appointment only);
- Rita has and does commissioned pieces;
- Rita displayed a piece in Our Prairie in Fibre at the SCC’s Affinity Gallery in Saskatoon;
- Rita has some pieces for sale at Handmade House in Saskatoon.