Emerging Artist Market Experience Program
Applications NOW OPEN
DEADLINE: August 30, 2018
WinterGreen Fine Craft Market is the SCC’s largest market, held at the Conexus Arts Centre in Regina, and featuring a tremendous selection of beautiful hand-crafted work by over 70 juried craft and visual artists. It will take place November 16 to 18, 2018. Saskatchewan Craft Council markets are organized this way to foster an environment where excellence in craft is nurtured, recognized and valued. The SCC is also committed to aiding Saskatchewan craft artists to flourish creatively and economically. The SCC values education, mentorship, and a supportive community of craftspeople.
In order to achieve these ends, the SCC is inviting emerging craft artists to participate in WinterGreen in order to experience the market environment first hand and expand their contacts with the Saskatchewan craft community. The Emerging Artist Market Experience Program gives artists in the first five years of their professional career the opportunity to participate in an SCC market for a reduced booth fee, without the need to be juried. There is a selection process; however the formal jury process is bypassed in order to introduce potential marketing members to SCC markets. Emerging Artist participants must be or become SCC members. Please read over product eligibility and criteria before submitting application.
In order to qualify to take part in this initiative, one must:
- Be or become an SCC member (Professional, Affiliated, Craftsperson or Student category)
- Have less than 5 years craft market experience
- Be committed to pursuing a career in craft
- There is a $200 fee for taking part as an Emerging Artist at WinterGreen Fine Craft Market. This $200 fee includes a 1 Year Free Membership.
- Booth size is 8 feet x 10 feet
- Participants must be available for set up on Thursday, November 15 from 1 – 8 pm or Friday, November 16 from 8 – 11 am and take down their booth on Sunday, November 18 at 4 pm. Artists must work at the booth during the market. Artists may request 30 minute booth relief daily or have an assistant with them at the show.
- Support services, including a workshop on pricing and booth design, will be made available.
- 1 hour workshop in Regina (Neil Balkwill Arts Centre) — Monday, September 26
- 1 hour workshop in Saskatoon (Saskatchewan Craft Council) — Monday, October 3