Emerging Artist Market Experience Program
Applications for WinterGreen 2020 are now closed.
WinterGreen Fine Craft Market is the SCC’s largest market, held at the Conexus Arts Centre in Regina, featuring a tremendous selection of beautiful hand-crafted work by over 70 juried craft and visual artists. Saskatchewan Craft Council markets are organized this way to foster an environment where excellence in craft is nurtured, recognized and valued. The SCC is also committed to aiding Saskatchewan craft artists to flourish creatively and economically. The SCC values education, mentorship, and a supportive community of craftspeople.
In order to achieve these ends, the SCC is inviting emerging craft artists to participate in WinterGreen in order to experience the market environment first hand and expand their contacts with the Saskatchewan craft community.
The Emerging Artist Market Experience Program gives artists in the first five years of their professional career the opportunity to participate in an SCC market for a reduced booth fee for two consecutive WinterGreen Markets, without the need to be juried. There is a selection process; however the formal jury process is bypassed in order to introduce potential marketing members to SCC markets. Emerging Artist participants must be or become SCC members. Please read over product eligibility and criteria before submitting application.
In order to qualify to take part in this initiative, one must:
- Be or become an SCC member (Professional, Affiliated, Craftsperson or Student category)
- Have less than 5 years craft market experience
- Be committed to pursuing a career in craft
- There is a $200 fee for taking part
- Booth size is 10 feet x 10 feet
- Participants must be available for set up and take down of the booth, and working at the booth during the market
- Support services, including a day long workshop on pricing, and booth design and more, will be made available prior to the market.