Exhibition Dates: November 13, 2011 - January 8, 2012
Saskatchewan Craft Council’s annual, open, and touring exhibition of Fine Craft. Juried by Paul Lapointe — a print maker, wood worker and painter from Batoche — and Jane Kenyon — a fibre artist from British Columbia. Photography by Grant Kernan (AK Photos). More information.
– PREMIER’S PRIZE FOR THE OUTSTANDING ENTRY: Cathryn Miller (Saskatoon) for “Thinking Cap #3”, altered book. Sponsored by the Government of Saskatchewan, Ministry of Tourism, Parks, Culture and Sport.
– JANE TURNBULL EVANS AWARD FOR INNOVATION IN CRAFT: Zane Wilcox (Regina) for “Cylinder 2”, ceramic sculpture. Sponsored by the Saskatchewan Arts Board
– GALE STECK MEMORIAL AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE IN CRAFT BY AN EMERGING ARTIST: Stephanie Canning (Saskatoon) for “Aahs”, framed print. Sponsored by the Gale Steck Memorial Committee.
– MERIT AWARD: Melody Armstrong (Regina) for “Hinged Pyrite Cube Bracelet”, jewellery. Sponsored by Saskatoon Fastprint .
– CORINNE MCKAY MERIT AWARD FOR SCC MEMBERS: Michael Hosaluk (Saskatoon) for “Stool”, wooden 3-legged stool. Sponsored by the Saskatchewan Craft Council.
– TOWN OF BATTLEFORD PURCHASE AWARD: Lorraine Sutter (Saskatoon) for “Lavender Morning”, ceramic vase. Sponsored by the Town of Battleford.
– AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE IN WOOD: Mike Fulop (Saskatoon) for “Bureau Chair”, wooden chair. Sponsored by the Saskatchewan Woodworkers Guild.
– AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE IN TEXTILES: Judy Haraldson (Saskatoon) for “Crocus and Prairie Smoke”, scarf. Sponsored by the Saskatchewan Weavers & Spinners.
– AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE IN METAL: Shannon Welch (Saskatoon) for “Lockit”, locket neckpiece. Sponsored by the Western Canadian Blacksmiths Guild: Saskatchewan Chapter.
– AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE IN QUILTING: Anna Hergert (Moose Jaw) for “Joie de Vivre”, wall hanging quilt. Sponsored by the Saskatoon Quilters’ Guild.
– AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE IN CLAY: Mel Bolen (Humboldt) for “Blair’s Surprize”, altered vase. Sponsored by TREE, Saskatoon.
– AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE IN FUNCTIONAL AND PRODUCTION WARE: Dale Lowe (Regina) for “Boreal Beauty”, birch burl bowl. Sponsored by Handmade House and Cecilia Cote, Saskatoon.
– AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE IN CRAFT: Mary Romanuck (Saskatoon) for “Qless”, framed print. Sponsored by the Artisans’ Craft Market Cooperative.