My experience with an Artist in Schools Grant

My experience with an Artist in Schools Grant

Submitted by: Kara Perpelitz, SCC member and fibre artist Late last year, a friend of mine (who happens to be a teacher in our local school), Jessica Lepitzki, approached me about teaching a class of grade 8 & 9 students to spin, dye, and weave. The thought...
Staff Profile: Vivian Orr

Staff Profile: Vivian Orr

What do I love about the work I do at the SCC?   Written by: Vivian Orr, Communications & Publications Coordinator I want to say up front – I love my job! I love walking through the SCC gallery and seeing the exhibitions. I love browsing the Fine Craft...
Black and White Photography: Pinhole Photography

Black and White Photography: Pinhole Photography

Written by: Kaitlyn Frolek, Gallery Assistant   To read Part 1 of this series on black and white photography click here. Pinhole photography: I absolutely love it! Part of the attraction to the process of this type of photography is that you are able to create...
Book Review: The Artist’s Guide to Selling Work

Book Review: The Artist’s Guide to Selling Work

Submitted by: Tracey Hanson, Saskatoon Public Library The Artist’s Guide to Selling Work by Annabelle Ruston 706.88 RUST – Frances Morrison Fine Arts Library in Saskatoon There are many talented artists in the world. But putting yourself and your work out...